Leidos Digital Solutions, Inc. has an opportunity for IT Field Operations individuals to join our IT Services Team, supporting Members and their staff in the U.S. House of Representatives.
This is for you, if you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team of individuals who provide unmatched IT Support. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy some flexibility in work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
- Provide consultation to customers for a variety of technical requests and problems, including but not limited to: various technology needs to meet business objectives; security policy implementation and compliance; equipment requirements and planning for staff in multiple locations; equipment lifecycle planning and refresh; disaster planning, data loss prevention, and data recovery; information access planning and information sharing practices; and security planning and preparations for devices during international travel.
- Examine customer problems and collaborate to develop a solution for technology issues or problems of medium complexity. For example, analyze software or equipment issues or application configuration, and gather information to develop and recommend a solution to align to both the operational need and enterprise environmental requirements. Another example is analyzing security policies and comparing it to an office’s security-related practices, and recommending whole-office and/or individual staff actions to maintain compliance and follow best practices.
- Collaborate with customer contacts; various Government departments; suppliers, manufacturers and other vendors; as well as colleagues; to address requests and problems. Gather and document needs and requirements of individual users and customer points of contact, collect other information needed from colleagues and outside research, in order to recommend a solution.
- Use a best practice approach to provide in-depth and expert knowledge for medium complexity technical areas.
- Provide regular communication to management and others, including explanation of practices and methods used.
- Obtain and apply knowledge of the customer environment (policies, standards) and technical domain standards (theories, concepts).
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite as needed in Washington, DC, up to 5 days a week some weeks, with some potential for remote work. This is subject to change based on Leidos, customer, and local government policy related to Pandemic Remote Work.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Demonstrated experience in IT consultation services.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to support occasional after hours/weekend projects or critical support functions (almost all afterhours work is performed via telecommute).
- Strong written and verbal customer communication skills.
- Experience directly interfacing with customer stakeholders.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Usually requires BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or additional relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.