The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Manama, Bahrain.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, by delivering the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net); inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
- Provide second level support for Local Area Network (LAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions encompassing multiple platforms.
- Develop system support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available Enterprise Services (ES) and supplier capabilities.
- Support project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinate project efforts with support groups.
- Create plans that support implementation of changes. Participate in system support design and performance evaluation reviews.
- Advise on distributed network computing issues. Monitor and maintain security and integrity standards and controls.
- Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need. Coordinate and approve updates of the site administration documentation.
- Participate in technical exchanges as required
- Self-motivated, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
- Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
- DoD Secret Clearance
- High School Diploma / GED
- 5 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one OS certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Experience with Tier 1 & 2 System Administration
- Ability to resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues, and address trouble tickets and service tasks in a Microsoft Server based environment.
- Familiarity with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
- Understanding of how to plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures through manual configuration, installation of patches, or the application of scripts to protect data, software, and hardware.
- MCSA/ MCSE
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.