Are you ready to work on programs that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where we FIGHT for our employees, one round at a time! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments AND a 20k Sign on Bonus for this position upon funding and hire onto the program! Join now for spot in the TITLE fight!
Pending contract award, the Leidos Intelligence Group will have career opportunities for Systems Engineers with 1 to 30+ years of experience on a NEW, LARGE, multi-year contract for systems engineering, integration, software development, testing, configuration management and training to develop, modernize and sustain Mission Management, Mission Assessment, Sensor Control and Execution (Mission Execution), and Sensor Cognizance functions within our customer environment. Positions will be at our Leidos Facilities!
Primary Responsibilities for Systems Engineers
- Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
- Interacts with the customer regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Communicates with other program personnel, customer overseers, and senior executives.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project’s technical design.
- Responsible for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area – Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply.
An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required
A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Field such as Software, Systems, Electrical Computer or other related from an accredited college or university is required
Level I - BS+ 1 YoE
Level II - BS+4 YoE
Level III - BS+ 6 YoE
Level IV - BS+ 10 YoE
Level V - BS + 15 + YoE
In lieu of BS Degree an additional 4 years of systems engineering experience will be required for all levels.
Masters and PhD Degrees in related Engineering fields will count toward two additional years of the required systems engineering experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.