Leidos is searching for a Systems Administrator, Senior (Linux) supporting our team at the Hines Information Technology Center (HITC), Hines, IL. This position is onsite at the HITC and day shift.
A Senior System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. Manages teams of system admins and is able to prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
Senior System Administrator (Linux):
The Senior System Administrator (Linux) will work with Linux Team members to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of Linux OS systems. The Senior System Administrator (Linux) manages teams of system admins and can assign duties and prioritize work to identify high risk critical problems and will dedicate appropriate resources. The Senior System Administrator (Linux) will have extensive knowledge of the Linux OS as well as knowledge in other OS systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
- Perform Linux User Account Management
- Handle Linux Disk Management including File System Housekeeping
- Run Automation and Scripting Tasks
- Responsible for Linux OS Patching, Upgrades, Backups, and Disaster Recovery
- Monitor the Security Management (Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Monitoring)
- To perform this role the induvial must have Knowledge of ViM Editor
- Monitor the Network Traffic Packet Capture i.e. tcdump
- Responsible for all Storage Management add hard drive space to those pools as needed.
- New System Builds ensures the systems are updated with changing technologies.
- Perform installation of new software, granting permissions, and training users for the applications.
- Hardware Maintenance on the systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 5 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance
- Experience as System Administrator
- Scripting language proficiency
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly motivated to learn new technology.
- Interpersonal skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.