Leidos is seeking an experienced senior level Program Director who is well-versed in government contracts to manage a national health related survey. The PD will also be responsible for coordination of field deployment staff that complete medical exams and data collection from multiple sites each year and coordination of activities of multiple subcontractors.
The PD will be based out of Hyattsville, MD, supporting a US Government customer and is contingent upon contract award.
The Program Director responsibilities include:
- Federal government contract program management for large complex program operating across the nation with multiple service delivery models.
- Responsible and accountable for overall contract performance and financials.
- Provides executive leadership through daily communication with various internal departments to coordinate services including during start-up period.
- Manages the workload through the various operational team leaders to ensure the achievement of organizational goals and objectives including quality, timeliness, customer service and costmetrics.
- Actively participates in and contributes to the development and communication of strategic objectives, plans and performance metrics to meet contractual compliance.
- Maintains effective working relationships with all customers, gaining feedback and working closely with the operations leadership to modify processes to ensure performance objectives are met.
- Drives continuous process improvement to enhance performance. Works closely with operations and leaders to continually improve processes and procedures in support of program.
- Works closely with Portfolio Management to attain financial goals.
- Organizes, directs and manages support services for all activities covered by this contract.
- Severs as the contractor’s authorized interface with the Government Contracting Officer (CO), the contract level Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR), government management personnel and customer agency representatives.
- Obtains staff for subordinate personnel; serves as a liaison among contractor’s corporate management, program managers and CDC’s program directors/managers.
- Has ultimate responsibility for contractor resources and the accomplishment of all tasks assigned under this contract.
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting plus 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experienced managing portfolio / project(s) $250m +
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and delegate effectively
- Expertise in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms, demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts and/or subcontracts of various types and complexity.
- Demonstrated program management experience using managerial, technical and/or business knowledge. Experience in directing and managing internal/external resources, communications and all functional program activities to meet contract cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Demonstrated experience for oral and written communications with all levels of management for planning and control of projects.
- Self-motivated with strong planning, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; quickly foster relationships and credibility at all levels
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work to meet deadlines and client expectations • Ability to effectively direct multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Health/Medical services domain knowledge and/or logistics/medical logistics expertise
- Experienced with large scale public health survey with focus on outcomes that will determine the prevalence of major diseases and risk factors for diseases
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.