This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping VA provide excellent service to our Product and Project teams by working as a valued member of a high performing Business Line Management Team (BLM). This position supports VAs Infrastructure Operations Support Services contract in the area of applications operations and monitoring design. Our Business Line Management Team is comprised of several cross functional team members including VA FTEs, IOSS Team Members and other support service contractors working towards a common goal. This role may be worked remote from your home office. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. As the Tools Specialist, the Senior Software/Systems Architect must have broad experience with various tools and techniques to help effectively monitor applications, systems and services along with the underlying system architecture and infrastructure components.
- The Senior Software/Systems Architect should have vast experience in assessing various products, tools, and approaches for data management.
- Define risks and benefits of various approaches for a given need.
- Create overarching strategies for design as it relates to monitoring the application, infrastructure, interfaces and critical business transactions to provide a comprehensive set of service level metrics and key performance indicators that will reflect the overall health and operational status of the application, system or services including very specific information about the critical infrastructure and components.
- Experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture.
- Identify strategies for addressing requirements.
- Experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
- Able to take program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
- Conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project.
- Responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Overseeing the development team, he manages the full life cycle of the software development process.
- Software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- Master’s degree (computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline) and 10 years of prior relevant experience. 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience in assessing various products, tools, and approaches for data management including interfaces, up and down stream application and systems impacts, critical business transactions and associated key performance indicators.
- Must have the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Experience in requirements analysis, interface design, rapid prototyping, testing and evaluation, utilizing user-centered design processes
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Experience installing required tools and creating user and executive level tool dashboards
- Prior VA experience and familiarity with VA’s Product Portfolio
- Understanding and experience with human factor engineering
- IT Healthcare background is highly desirable
- Experience with enterprise command and control operations is also highly desirable
- Familiarity with application, infrastructure and interface performance.
- Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability applications, networks and systems.
- Ability to create overarching strategies for design and development of user interfaces that present actionable and retrospective data in a user friendly and streamlined format.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies with Scrum, and Sprint understanding is highly desirable
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.