The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Survey Statistician, contingent upon contract award, in Atlanta, GA or Hyattsville, MD.
The Survey Statistician will support a contract for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The candidate will work closely with Public Health and IT professionals to define, design, and develop survey tools. Capture and document requirements and translate to system design. Consult, design, and implement surveys. Produce documentation for technical analysis, system design, security and training materials, as appropriate. Provide statistical support in data analysis. Demonstrate system capabilities and train users and other survey teams, as needed. Assist with design and analysis of outbreak surveys, passive studies, active studies, cohort and case control studies etc. Use of correlation and regression analysis (linear, logistic, log-linear) techniques, time series, and principles based on time series analysis. Experience using assortment of sampling methodologies for complex survey design. Knowledge of the pros and cons of different sampling methodologies and ability to assist in selection of appropriate sampling methodology.
We are seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented candidate who will:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Utilize research methodology and data collection tools to ensure that appropriate data are gathered.
- Conceive, design, plan, and implement research statistical study design for planned projects
- Provide expertise and technical guidance for sampling methodology including error, bias, estimation and inference.
- Conduct data analyses including but not limited to descriptive statistics, factor analyses, generalized linear models, random effects models, analysis of survey data, and other statistical methods.
- Manipulate and extract data from appropriate sources for analysis using a variety of tools such as SAS
Prepare preliminary interpretations of analyses for sharing with scientific and public audiences, project teams, and/or department management.
- Prepare reports in accordance with the analytical results, including providing support for the development of manuscripts.
- Use data and present other information related to performance and evaluation for the dissemination of scientific information and other program data in the form of presentations, reports, slides, and other materials (e.g. newsletters, federal documents) at high level task forces and committees.
- Assign work to team members, setting deadlines to accomplish tasks.
- Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or related field with a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in survey analysis and design, quantitative analysis and data interpretation
- 3 years of experience with SQL Server and writing SQL queries
- 2 years of Public Health experience with CDC experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of how to format and manipulate data and datasets using programs such as Excel, Access, SAS, R, Python, SPSS, SUDAAN, JMP, S-PLUS, or SQL-based programs.
- Experience with advanced statistical analysis and programming tools such as SAS, STATA, SPSS, or R.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.