Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking a Cyber Security Lead, contingent upon contract award, on a large network services opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the Bethesda, MD area.
- Lead a team of security engineers for delivery of Cybersecurity project management, continuous diagnostics and mitigation, threat mitigation and incident response, security architecture support, critical infrastructure protection, patch management, vulnerability management, risk management, information assurance, penetration testing, cybersecurity services, and Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) documentation.
- Provide a direct interface (Point of Contact) to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Deputy CISO when issues arise preventing the remediation of vulnerabilities and incidents.
- Manage Firewall, Web Filtering, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Network Access Control (NAC), Domain Name Systems (DNS), Remote Access VPN (RA-VPN), Application Delivery/Load Balancing, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate Management. Traffic Monitoring, Infrastructure Monitoring and System Accreditation and Authorization
- Inform and escalate issues to the System Owner (SO) and Service Area Managers (SAMs) regarding security risk to include high/critical vulnerabilities, risk acceptance methods (e.g., waivers, Plans of Action and Milestones [POA&Ms])
- Recommend best business practices and secure methodologies to maintain and/or improve security posture of the information systems within the designated service area to the SAM and system owners;
- Provide support to service areas with implementing new security policy / procedures / mandates, processes, memos, and guidance (e.g., OMB, NIST 800-37 rev2)
- Manage Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A) compliance
Required Educational Qualifications:
- B. S. in Cybersecurity or equivalent with 12 years of experience.
- Certifications: CISSP/CEH
- Thorough knowledge of network security concepts with application knowledge of various enterprise security point technologies, managed security services, Security Information and Event Management solutions, packet analysis tools, cryptography and Active Directory / Kerberos authentication protocol
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities
- Demonstrated experience working in large Federal agency preferably in HHS.
- Possess the knowledge of security best practices, security solutions, and methodologies for risk management
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards
- Experience with various SOC automation tools such as Splunk, Archer etc.
- 5+ years of intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.