Leidos is hiring a Sensors Electrical Engineer knowledgeable in various sensors (IR, SAR, RADAR, etc.) to support NASIC at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
The successful candidate will research multiple sensors on foreign spacecraft on Team Leader-assigned systems to include static and dynamic characteristics.
All work is onsite. An active Secret clearance is required for this role; candidate also must have SCI eligibility.
This position will require working as part of a team comprised of military, government, and other contractors to achieve high confidence answers to problems of interest.
* Research and advise on sensor specs and details as used in multiple foreign spacecraft systems
* Demonstrate knowledge of the functioning of sensors in satellite systems
* Research sensor components or entire vehicles
* Produce high confidence answers to problems of interest on sensors and space systems
* An active Secret clearance is required for this role; candidate also must have SCI eligibility.
* BS or Engineering Degree
* 4+ years of experience ideally in sensors of various types
* Ability to work with engineers who are generating 3D CAD models of sensors and space systems
* Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work individually and with teams
* Knowledge of electrical space sensors
* Electrical understanding of space systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.