Leidos is looking for a Lab Manager / System Administrator to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The individual will be responsible for maintaining the program test lab environment and ensuring that all lab systems are test ready. Duties include configuring and installing test lab equipment, performing daily system administration and troubleshooting, assisting with security assessments, and supporting system engineering requirements to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining new capabilities.
- Install operating systems onto workstations
- Identify and take corrective action to resolve hardware and software issues
- Maintaining the environment to include ensuring system tokens and certificates are kept current
- Proactively collaborate with test leads and participate in Defect Reporting (DR) management and resolution
- Communicate with users and publish status of system outages as needed
- Collaborate with logisticians and other lab administrators in conducting inventories of test lab equipment and material
- Identify hardware and software needs and initiate order, receive, and install equipment
- Collaborate with test lab support personnel at offsite locations
- Work with integration and security teams as needed:
- Maintain and support system images and work closely with the integration and security teams to harden the images
- Manage and execute processes for information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs)
- Perform system security scans of equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans
- Assist with and perform security assessments of lab and production equipment if necessary
- Must have experience in Windows operating systems with ability to administer and manage complex Windows installations (Windows 10, Windows Server 2012r2)
- Must have experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment
- Must have experience with Network Security Technologies including PKI, Vulnerability Assessment, Multiple Domain, SSP.
- Must have the ability to administer and manage networking infrastructure, including firewalls, routers switches
- Must have the ability to quickly and dynamically change systems/network configurations to accommodate customer development / testing schedules
- Must be a self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Must be able to support planned after hours activities on occasion
- Must be able to support occasional travel to lab facilities in Maryland and New Jersey
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience my be considered in lieu of degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/Information Technology field
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification
- Experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operation systems, VMware, and Networking (switches, routers, LANS, and cabling)
- Previous IAVA management experience.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile concepts including SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.