SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, responsible for planning, purchasing and expediting critical materials, components, equipment and services necessary for the operation of the organization requiring extensive or specialized knowledge and experience. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, purchases and expedites material, equipment and services on a broad assignment basis usually involving important and critical items. Responsible for all purchasing/planning data in ERP system.
• Performs an active role in the Vendor Selection and Assessment process. Seeks new sources of supply, perform periodic performance evaluations; generates on-time delivery reports. Manage vendor relationships and insures that all interactions between Leidos and supplier representatives are in accordance with Leidos policies.
• Need to execute all procurement activities in compliance with Leidos processes and procedures
• Lead the SDA Procurement team reporting on key metrics for SDA Civil Division in Tewksbury, Ma and drive the continuous improvement effort required to meet the targeted goals
• Direct a cross functional team to manage EOL components and drive continuous improvement within the process , improving the SDA supply chain
• Report progress on all continuous improvement activities utilizing the reporting methodology used by SDA
• Meets with key suppliers, and document performance results in accordance with internal operating procedures. Drives continuous improvement with suppliers and within Purchasing practices and tool set.
• Conducts supplier audits and site visits to evaluate for quality, production capability, performance, delivery, and other pertinent business and technical requirements.
• Prepares moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from various sources. Able to analyze large amounts of data, extrapolate insights and proactively communicate to management
• Solicit competitive quotations from qualified suppliers and prepare total cost analysis to determine best overall value including purchase price, freight terms, payments terms, quality of service and product specifications. Selects or recommends suppliers for a variety of moderately complex and technical products and services
• Analyzes purchase price variances and assists in the development of standard product costs. Monitor savings against individual and departmental cost savings objectives.
• Must have knowledge of legal practices and compliance systems including ISO
• Attends regular meetings for specific product lines and understand materials impact.
• Assists in the creation and maintenance of the Part Maintenance file in the manufacturing database.
• Coordinates Engineering Change Order (ECO) activity that affects current inventory or open orders for assigned commodities as indicated on approved ECO’s.
• Represents Purchasing in Material Review Board meetings.
• Requests and evaluates vendor corrective action reports. Drives continuous improvement within supply base.
• May provide work leadership to lower level buyer/planners and clerical support.
• Degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of related experience with diversified commodities
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
• Experience working with MRP, preferably in a high technology environment
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have established negotiation, supplier relation and sourcing skills along with strong organizational skills.
• New Product Purchasing experience and strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, Able to analyze large amounts of data, extrapolate insights and proactively communicate to management
• Must have experience with handling long term agreements, KanBan and Just-In-Time (JIT) purchasing.
• Ability to work independently is essential.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications along with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
• Must be mid-level excel user, capable of using vlook-up and pivot tables
• Ability to travel 10% of time
• CPIM or CPM certification preferred
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications and participating in professional organizations.
• Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems.
• Complies with all internal policies and procedures
• Extremely organized and detail oriented, Able to manage various competing initiatives and prioritize accordingly
• Strong interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work successfully within teams
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.