Leidos is seeking a Video Engineer SME for all video teleconference design, hardware, and implementation. This position is expected to work with senior network engineers and project managers on various projects including but not limited to video phone, desktop VTC, conference room VTC and enterprise conference management systems
• Provide support for all new and existing VTC requirements. Design solutions per customer requirements
• Standardize VTC solutions across multiple systems to ensure a baseline configuration
• Assist network and phone engineers to collapse multiple video/phone systems into one larger enterprise system
• Resolve issues that arise with existing VTC systems
• Document engineering standards, leads in the development of video architecture and engineering designs and changes
• Assist in evaluating current and emerging virtual telephony and video technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to Chief Engineer
• Strong interpersonal an customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Position my require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
• BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience preferred or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
• VTC engineering experience strongly preferred
• Experience with CISCO or Polycom enterprise VTC systems. Program uses CISCO, but Polycom is similar and team will assist SME in coming up to speed on CISCO
• Basic familiarity with how VTC and phone systems connect to enterprise networks and what protocols systems use
* You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and psychological screening, as a condition of employment. *
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.