Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking an Intermediate level Software Systems Engineer for a position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) in Columbia, MD. This is a full time position that must work on site in Columbia, MD.
The Intermediate Software Systems Engineer will support tasks on the contract related to DevSecOps and Analytics. This includes providing and assisting with innovative design, engineering, and integration support for new and existing capabilities within the new UCSA environment by improving the lead-time and frequency of deliverables through enhanced engineering practices. In addition, the position will support the development of tools, analytics, and visualization capabilities supporting the DCO warfighter with the objective of delivering value to the end user as quickly and securely as possible.
- Under minimal direction, provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas.
- Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.
- Assists in the planning and conversion for new hardware/software products. Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products.
- Provides operating systems planning and evaluation for performance analysis, capacity planning and hardware upgrades.
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation.
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Demonstrated expertise in Federal Government Software Systems Engineering is absolutely necessary.
- Prior technical experience in DevSecOps and Analytics is required.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 5 years of experience.
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoDD 8570/DoDD 8140.
- Active Secret Clearance required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret if required.
- Experience with Defensive Cyber Systems and Operations.
- Experience with DISA Defensive Cyber Platforms.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.