Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking an experienced Technical Integration Lead in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program. Leidos is a Top 10 Health IT provider drawing on decades of success in delivering solutions to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our unique position as a technology company with deep health and life sciences expertise equips us to transform patient care, as well as provider and payer operations in commercial and government health organizations.
The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health is seeking a Technical Integration Lead to support its $4.6B DHMSM contract, known as MHS GENESIS. This highly-visible and impactful program is designed to deploy a new electronic health record to the military health system, supporting nearly 10 million service members and their families. While every healthcare system is addressing quality, user experience and cost, the MHS GENESIS program has the added challenge of delivering these objectives within the DOD security environment, at the DOD’s global scale, all while supporting the Defense Health Agency (DHA)’s vision of a medically-ready force ─ which is essential to our national defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for the engineering team to support a number of positions to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DOD EHR system. The successful candidate must thrive in fast-paced, highly-productive team environments and be able to operate within tight deadlines when needed.
Provide leadership to integrate, deliver, and sustain MHS GENESIS in the DoD Military Health System enterprise, as well as support to technical activities to stabilize capability operation and ensure suitable capability performance may also be required. Key LPDH liaison to Government leads and stakeholders. Will work with Engineering Test Team to ensure that environment connectivity is available and properly tested for capability delivery. Will work closely with Systems Engineering team in release planning and release management. As needed, will support deployment team in the resolution of feature performance issues encountered during wave deployment.
General activities may also include:
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
- Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Estimate software development costs and schedule. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Supervise software configuration management.
- Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for systems improvements.
- Develop plans and requirements in the subject matter area for moderately complex to complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking; telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation.
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Identify resources required for each task.
- Possess requisite knowledge and expertise so recognized in the professional community that the government is able to qualify the individual as an expert in the field for an actual task order.
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Commensurate experience in IT and in new and related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
Basic Qualifications - Technical and/or leadership experience with the following is essential:
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain an ADP IT-II Public Trust based on the minimum of a Tier 3 investigation. Contract requirement.
- Environment connectivity requirements, testing, and issue resolution
- Release planning/management activities
- EHR system interface configuration/implementation and operation
- Troubleshooting of deployed IT systems, including databases
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Software development methodologies, including testing
- Software coding techniques
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Communications with Government leads and product stakeholders
- Customer expectation management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts
- Demonstrated self-starter and team contributor with strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Current Public Trust or secret clearance
- Current CAC
- Medical Revenue Cycle systems (Cerner Patient Accounting or other comparable products)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.