Leidos is seeking an Engineering Schedule Coordinator to join the engineering team and support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern Electronic Health Record (EHR) system across the United States, and around the globe. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking a candidate to support a number of tasks to support the engineering team as they define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
Support and lead the effort to create and maintain the working Integrated Master Schedule for the DHMSM engineering effort. As needed, provide oversight of design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) efforts for systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases. Oversight of technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance may also be required.
General activities may also include providing oversight and management of, and management of resources for:
- Analysis and study of complex system requirements
- Design of software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses
- Software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques
- Estimation of software development costs and schedule
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques
- Software configuration management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts
- Demonstrated self-starter and team contributor with strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- BA degree with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen, with the ability to obtain an ADP IT-II Public Trust based on the minimum of a Tier 3 investigation. Per contract requirements.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including resource, schedule, and problem management
- PMI PMP certification
- Understanding of, and demonstrated ability to manage the following:
- EHR system interface configuration/implementation and operation
- Troubleshooting of deployed IT systems, including databases
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Software development methodologies, including testing
- Software coding techniques
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Medical Revenue Cycle systems (Cerner Patient Accounting or other comparable products)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.