Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for Solution Architect to join our Enterprise IT Modernization team. In this role, you will help customers solve their more demanding challenges of implementing 5G via technology, modernization, and transformation processes, and proven methods and solutions. As part of a creative, forward-thinking team, you will help shape solutions to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. As a Solution Architect, you will work hand-in-hand with business development, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered on programs, in proposals, or on research and development projects. In addition to developing solutions, you will help prospective customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems.
- The selected candidate will have a primary focus for 5G technology, applications, and network advancement supporting Leidos customers in defense sector, however will support all business units.
- In coordination with program teams and Office of Technology (OOT) leadership, identify 5G technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission capabilities resulting in increased contract growth and new capture wins.
- Establish Leidos best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches related to 5G digital modernization and transformation technologies including Software Defined Networking, AIOps, Micro-segmentation, Zero Trust Networking, Cybersecurity Automation, Cloud Migration, and DevSecOps.
- Strengthen existing programs and with application of 5G technology and/or innovation by working with peer Operations teams, Group CTOs, and other Leidos Groups and by leveraging known technology and solutions on current programs and new business pursuits.
- Partner with the business development and capture teams in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions, basis of estimates, and industry relationships via responses to RFPs, new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and Leidos’ corporate Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities and to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
- Engage with new and existing technology partners for formulation of 5G networks, mobile edge compute (MEC), and 5G Applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or other STEM disciplines with 12+ years of experience related to IT and/or systems engineering. Master's degree is highly preferred.
- Advanced understanding of 4G & 5G mobile network technologies and applications
- Experience with 5G networks including 5G NR devices, Unified End Point Management (UEM), Radio Access Network (RAN), and core, network security, mobile edge computing, mobile operator offerings, and private networks.
- In-depth understanding of mobile device based (Android, IOS, and IoT) applications architecture, development, security, and implementation.
- Understanding of mobile enterprise use cases, deployment, architecture, and implementation for 4G/5G private networks and virtual private networks.
- Strong technical breadth and depth in support of the government markets and in particular in government network design, implementation, operations, and modernization.
- Experienced professional in contract performance with demonstrated technical leadership and customer relationship building
- Capable of generating on-contract-growth through insertion of innovation and technology on existing programs.
- Deep industry awareness with leading capabilities providers to enhance our solutions offerings and close gaps in offerings yielding competitive technical solutions.
- Experience as a solution architect and/or technical volume lead on captures and proposals
- Understands competitor/teammate technology offerings
- Ability to author, present, and articulate problem sets and associated solution elements in settings supporting customers, business development, program delivery, technical teams, and executives.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or other STEM disciplines
- Extensive understanding of 5G Core solutions, architecture, and security.
- Active security clearance
- Network Certifications (CCIE a plus)
- Security Certifications (CISSP a plus)
- Other IT certifications (cloud, Microsoft)
- Experience having worked successful partnerships with suppliers on proposals.
- Has been the lead Solution Architect on a $500M proposal
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.