Account & Program Manager/ Electric Utilities
Locations: Orlando, Jupiter, or Tampa FL
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power delivery expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Account and Program Manager to join our growing Power Delivery Services team.
The T&D Account and Program Manager will work alongside power delivery senior management and our engineering team to support multiple utility clients. The successful candidate will be part of an established Account and Program Management team that is focused on expanding and executing our portfolio of distribution line, transmission line, substation, system planning and project management services with both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. The candidate will have the opportunity to provide input and influence the strategic growth of the assigned utility accounts. The position requires previous T&D experience along with exemplary program management skills.
Account Management responsibilities include:
• Strategic Plan Development - Establish detailed account plan and implement strategies to achieve account growth
• Business Development - Leverage existing contracts and identify new contract and project opportunities to increase project portfolio
• Stakeholder Coordination - Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple programs and with external and internal stakeholders including client, project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel
• Proposal Development – Support proposal development including scope, schedule and budget development.
Program Management responsibilities include:
• T&D Project Portfolio - Manage various sized transmission and distribution projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities
• Program Performance - Be responsible for overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance
• Stakeholder Coordination- Interface directly with clients and internal management to report progress, costs, schedule and risks across a portfolio of substation, transmission and distribution projects
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with an additional 12+ years’ of relevant Project Management experience or a Masters with 10+ years of relevant Project Management experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of relevant account management / business development experience is required
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects and transmission and distribution design
• PMP Certification is preferred but not required
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong communication skills (written and interpersonal)
• Ability to provide leadership and motivation to team.
• Demonstrate collaboration and inclusiveness working with team members
• Ability to work with limited supervision
It is estimated that travel may range between 20-40% of total work hours to engage with clients or program teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.