Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer III in the Vienna, VA area, in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, a $4.6B contract, known as MHS Genesis. This highly-visible and impactful program is designed to deploy a new electronic health record to the military health system, supporting nearly 10 million service members and their families.
The DevOps Engineer III will support cloud migration efforts to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Provide Infrastructure as Code architecture leadership across the engineering lifecycle (analyze, design, build, test, deploy, support) for large scale infrastructure implementations
- Participate in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Ability to understand/learn new technologies when encountered
- Develop detailed designs, executive briefings, data flow diagrams, and other supporting design and development documentation.
- Meld commercial products with custom developed solutions to meet functional requirements while working within the constraints of the client’s IT and cyber infrastructure
- Communicate with Product Team Owners, application development and integration teams, network teams, and application security teams
- Work independently within a matrixed organization
- BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. Contract requirement.
- Experience with EHR system infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) architecture design, deployment, migration, and sustainment
- Experience in public, hybrid, and government cloud modeling.
- Experience with cloud migration analysis, migration planning , cloud migration, and verification
- Implementation and administration of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience
- Documentation of data flows and creation of system diagrams
- Ensuring small project compliance with corporate/program technical guidelines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Demonstrating leadership skills and possessing a track record across various life-cycle phases (cross-functional experience highly desirable)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Software development methodologies, including testing
- AWS Solutions or Architect certified
- Large scale cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Identity and access management
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.