Leidos seeks a Infrastructure Security Operator that will work within the Enterprise Security Services (ESS) team on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. Duties include:
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software. Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems and security tools to potentially include.
- Tenable Security Center
- WebInspect Enterprise implementation
- FireEye appliances
- Archer applications
- McAfee applications
- Install, upgrade, and patch security applications
- Perform vulnerability scans
- Document processes and procedures
- Create and maintain user accounts for enterprise systems
- Provide end-user support for all enterprise systems
- Assists users in troubleshooting of enterprise security tools
- Supports the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set incident knowledge management
- Develops Checklists, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) as needed
- Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent experience and 4 - 8 years or prior relevant experience
- 2+ years of design, development, integration, implementation, operation and analysis of cyber security technologies
- 2+ years administering network appliances, security appliances, Windows or Linux devices
- Strong attention to details, works well with direction
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be capable of the understanding, documenting, communicating and presenting technical issues in a non-technical manner to audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable)
- Provide application support of security devices and components identified within the SOC architecture, including, but not limited to, SIEM architecture, Incident Management system, Threat Intelligence Aggregation system, enterprise authentication mechanisms, vulnerability scanning architecture, Intrusion Detection/Prevention/Alerting architecture, and System Utilization and Alerting Platform
- Perform system and application updates on systems within the SOC environment to ensure systems and services are functioning optimally
- Experience in Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
- Experience with enterprise security application deployment and administration
- Familiar with the NIST Risk Management Framework, specifically NIST SP 800-53
- Experience with Security Assertion Markup Language, and client-server authentication
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.