The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a potential opening for a Technical Hardware Lead to support our work in the Boston, MA / Hanscom AFB area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill supporting the Air Force Life Cycle and Management Center Force Protection Division (AFLCMC/HBU) team on the Medusa Counter Small Unmanned Aerial System Program. This position will report to our PM on the SE&I Contract at Hanscom AFB.
The Technical Hardware Lead will lead the hardware associated lines of effort working closely with our Program Manager, the Chief Engineer, the Chief Architect, the Software lead and other SME’s supporting the Medusa Counter Small Unmanned Aerial System Program. The Hardware lead will be responsible for supporting our Medusa Program Manager (PM) by providing subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate OEM provided C-sUAS equipment hardware, hardware approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to ensure their effectiveness and efficiency as well as their integration into the Medusa System of Systems. The Hardware Lead will interface with Leidos functional leaders, subcontractor teammates, and support personnel as required.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8 + years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6 + years or prior relevant experience.
- Have 4 + years of experience supervising a multi-faceted organization with more than 50 members.
- Prior experience with developing technical data for DOD programs with a demonstrated ability to work across internal functions and with outside entities to facilitate successful product completion/delivery.
- Working knowledge of USAF military systems.
- Requires US Citizenship and active Secret Clearance.
- Knowledge of Leidos functional resources and management applications, policies, and procedures.
- Current PMP certification.
- Operational experience in the USAF.
- Working knowledge of USAF C5ISR systems.
- Previous experience managing complex System designs efforts / contracts.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.