Are you interested in continuing your career in EUCOM in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group hasan excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, VDI Systems Engineer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS. You must hold an active DOD Secret clearance to qualify.
Demonstrates extensive experience managing complex and robust VDI implementations spanning several sites and enclaves in support of a dynamic customer with evolving needs.
Supports infrastructure in both unclassified and classified domains, navigate several different procedural and process driven disciplines to deliver a product that is robust and compliant with the required security and operational mandates (this can include development of new capabilities and infrastructure as well as repurposing current capabilities to achieve new mandates)
Provides day to day monitoring and maintenance of current infrastructure as well as providing Tier 3 support for end user issues as requested, monitoring of licensing consumption and usage, and making recommendations for additional licensing and/or support contracts.
Provides work guidance and direction to others regarding assets within the assigned area of responsibility.
Communicates clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
Demonstrates ability to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
Demonstrates experience interfacing with both client managers and system users.
Refines and develops the VDI environment to ensure stability and continued operation and alignment with required standards. Work with other teams as a subject matter expert for VDI specific components of projects as requested.
Provides remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
• Must hold and maintain active Secret Clearance
• BA/BS + 4 years recent specialized, or AA/AS +7 years recent specialized, or a major cert + 7 years recent specialized, or no degree and 11 years of recent specialized experience
• Extensive knowledge of VDI environments and the continued operation of a large scale VDI deployment
• Experience with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop/Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
• Citrix Certified Professional (CCP-V)
• CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
• ITIL v3 or v4 – Foundation
• Experience with Citrix licensing
• Experience with Microsoft licensing as it pertains to VDI environments
• Experience managing Citrix Netscaler/ADC load balancing
• Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
• Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
• Experience with DoD IT security requirements
• Proficiency in PowerShell scripting
• Experience in the evaluation and integration of new technologies into existing environments
• Demonstrated background troubleshooting complex IT issue
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.