Join the Leidos NISC IV program as an Eastern Service Center Operations Support Group Noise Correspondence Support Specialist. The NISC IV contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate in College Park, GA, to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our Aviation programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The candidate will provide coordination and Technical expertise for public interface of customer actions involving airspace development & management, environmental studies, airspace changes, aviation noise studies and various other National Airspace System (NAS) initiatives
- Act as the Point of Contact (POC) for the ESC OSG for coordinating public outreach to address existing issues or community concerns resulting from airspace changes and associated noise issues.
- Assist in public relations efforts and communications with affected stakeholders to include drafting talking points, presentations, and media materials for FAA review and approval.
- Assist in capturing, recording and document public comments and feedback. Draft responses to public comments and feedback for FAA review and approval.
- Prepare after-action reports and meeting minutes.
- Prepare draft public messaging in the form of FAA Press Releases, social media messaging, handouts, etc.
- Develop and maintain Points of Contacts lists for stakeholder groups to include but not limited to: Federal, State, local government agencies or representatives, tribal representatives, professional aviation organizations, and municipal airports.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in College Park, GA. (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office)
Basic Qualifications (required Skills):
Typically requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Have superior writing and communication skills to:
- Provide clear, concise, and compelling written responses to both internal and public documents. Must have experience in writing and/or editing a variety of material such as research reports, controlled correspondence, reports, briefing papers specific to the needs and knowledge of the target audience, while applying grammar, punctuation, style, accuracy, and format requirements. Analyze data and/or technical input, extract the appropriate information, and construct a strong written response or document. Take complex and copious information, condense it, and accurately bring it to the point. Create meaningful presentations and handouts.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Drive, Zoom/virtual meeting applications, database management applications, and ability to use the internet as a data-gathering tool.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
Additional Attributes that will help ensure success:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, high-level capacity to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Strong research, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience within the federal government, preferably the FAA.
- Ability to collaborate with program analysts, stakeholders, and Operations Support Group personnel to clarify messaging, document objectives, factual correctness, and customer preferences.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as with others.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary subject matter experts using strong organizational and facilitation skills.
- Previous experience at a FAA Air Traffic Control facility will receive preference.
- FAA management and/or Staff experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.