Leidos is seeking talented Software Engineers at multiple levels to support the Leidos Airborne Solutions Operation to build a solution to define, test and deliver a hardware/software platform in support of our Leidos Special Mission Aircraft and future aircraft development. The type of work to be performed includes software development, integration with legacy C2 applications, development of tools and methodologies position Leidos as a product supplier, utilization of cloud based services and implementations. This work can be done in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD or by telecommuting.
This position is currently contingent upon funding.
- Software systems development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
- Software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Determine hardware compatibility.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the achievement of sub-family results.
- For Level 4: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- For Level 5: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- For Level 6: Master’s Degree and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience
All levels require:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Familiarity with Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Electronic Warfare (EW) capabilities.
- Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) and C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS)
- Embedded system design and development
- Hardware integration and test
- Requirements management (analysis, design, development, implementation and verification)
- MBSE modeling in Cameo or comparable
- Army and Air Force DoD familiarity
- Experience with SOAP and REST based interfaces
- Evaluation of hardware and software standards and implementations to determine limitations that could impact HW/SW convergence, and proposals to reduce those limitations.
- Integration of GOTS SW into multi-functional RF systems. This SW may provide any range of RF capabilities (SIGINT, EW, Cyber, etc.) or analytical tools supporting exploitation of the electromagnetic spectrum (EMS).
- Tactical processing, exploitation, and dissemination architectures/capabilities to support analytical operations at mission locations or austere settings (e.g., leveraging machine learning capabilities to augment mission decision making).
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Open Architecture, open system design, C, C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of MORA, MOSA, Victory, SOSA, FACE, OMS, CMOSS and Military communications (Link 16, VMF, USMTF, ASCA, Stanag standards, JCIDS 4.2)
- Design and development of software in a microservice architecture
- Experience with container implementation and virtualization
- Understanding of Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, ELK stack, Cloud and automation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.