Leidos is seeking Cognitive Enhancement Specialist candidates to support the Army's Holistic Health and Fitness Program
Cognitive Enhancement Specialists will support brigade-based Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Human Performance Teams (multi-disciplinary) focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the Army’s new H2F System by managing and providing cognitive enhancement education and tailored training programs for individuals and teams by operationalizing resilience core competencies and addressing mental barriers to physical performance.
*position is contingent upon Leidos receiving H2F program contract*
- Manages and provides cognitive enhancement education and tailored training programs for individuals and teams.
- Operationalizes resilience core competencies.
- Identifies and cultivates existing mental skill sets to assist the Soldier in performing optimally during physical, technical, and tactical training in preparation for combat operations, garrison, and life stressors.
- Recognizes and addresses mental barriers to physical performance by focusing on stress and emotional regulation; normalizes physiological responses to stress, to include combat situations.
- Conducts tactical breathing and arousal regulation, team cohesion, imagery, and provides cognitive/learning strategies.
- Advises the commander on the implementation of cognitive enhancement programs to optimize specific performances.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Counseling Education, Coaching Education, or Kinesiology with a specialized emphasis in sport and/or performance psychology.
- Licensure as a psychologist with a proficiency in sports psychology as recognized in Division 47 of the American Psychological Association, Certified Consultant through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (CC-AASP), Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC), or Board Certified Sport Psychologist through the American Board of Sport Psychology (ABSP). Out of the 4 licensures, the Board Certified Sport Psychologist through the ABSP is preferred.
- 3 years of demonstrable accumulated experience within the past 5 years as a mental performance coach or sport psychology practitioner with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Collegiate, Olympic, professional sports, and/or Service Members in the accompanying, respective settings.
- At least one year working directly with Service Members in a performance and/or resilience training and education setting is preferred.
- Local and long distance travel may be required to perform services.
- Certifications in Basic Life Support and automated external defibrillators (AED).
- Ability to function as an integrated member of a Brigade-based multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of emerging best practices within the health and fitness industry.
- Ability to physically train in an austere environment/terrain and lift/manipulate loads up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to gain access to military bases and follow security, environmental, and cyber regulations. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications.
Work locations include:
Ft Bliss, TX
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Ft Drum, NY
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.