The Leidos AIE team has an opening for System Build Lead. This opening is a will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of Access Control Systems (ACS) for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center. The position will lead our system build team at our Lakeside facility.
Responsible for performing as the lead for managing the process of building, integrating, testing, conducting a joint inventory of all AIE system prior to shipment to the field. The responsibility includes coordinating with the Fielding manager for due dates to be shipped by and also coordinating with the APM for Logistics on material to build, integrate and then to process for shipping.
Primary duties include:
- Leading and managing the AIE build Teams for the following AIE systems being deployed: AIE-3 Tier 1 & Tier 2 sites; AIE-59 Tier sites; AIE-Pure Fleet Sites Tier 1; Facial Recognition Systems; and Kiosk 2.0 systems integration.
- Receive the Bill of Material for a site from the APM for Logistics team in the warehouse and begin the build and integration process for designated systems in the preceding paragraph at Lakeside
- After systems are built, the Lead will coordinate the conduct of testing and the joint inventory (JI). The JI will be witnessed by the Government representative.
All of the above action must be managed, scheduled and have oversight to meet the desired shipment date set by the DPM for Fielding and Fielding Manager.
- Responsible for the tracking of orders to ensure deadlines are met and status is provided to PM, DPM and FM. Upon receipt, Goods Receipts are generate, equipment is accounted for and stored by site in the warehouse. Responsible is to ensure that equipment is moved into the integration center in a timely fashion for integration and at the conclusion site material is kitted and shipped by the required date.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the build team to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Responsible to for safe storage and use of images for the various system components.
- Provide updates to the Monthly scheduling process enabled by the Master Scheduler
- Provide updates to the DPM and Fielding Manager on the status of builds
- Prepare/Provide information for and present at the monthly IPT program meetings with the Government
- Generate various reports as needed
Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
Must have a BS degree; additional experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Requires 8 plus years of experience to include experience and knowledge of configuration management of large IT programs, managing technical teams, customer care operations ability to work with customers and experience Project Management experience working on large IT programs
Experience in leading project teams to include integrated product/project teams (IPTs) and working with customer/Government IPTs
Experience in handing PII for commercial and Government customers
Ability to travel to Army installations 10% of the time
College coursework and/or degree in project management, IFSM, or business administration are desired. Work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
Microsoft related certifications and product certifications and Security+ desired but not required.
This position is “hands-on” positions working as part of a team at our Lakeside facility in Edgewood MD.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.