Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer. We are being challenged to provide an ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions; provide proactive and secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise; and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of CMS data.
The Project Management Analyst will provide project lifecycle support activities to include: requirements gathering, staffing coordination, schedule development and maintenance, task progress tracking and reporting, and agile implementation. He/she will support select internal projects within a large, high-performance agile team. The ideal candidate will have a project management background and good communication skills.
Under the Project Management Lead’s supervision, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide project analysis and support which involves working with Engineers, Testers, Security, and other functional areas as necessary to determine requisite tasking, including examining and analyzing tasks to identify risks and determine timelines
- Serve as primary or backup lead for ECIS-specific initiatives, including planning, execution, and closeout
- Develop plans for each project, including the schedule, outlining the duties of team members, identifying goals, and establishing timelines
- Collaborate with various teams and hold meetings to develop plans and present them to before starting the effort
- Closely monitor each project to ensure that efforts remain on track, meet deadlines, and develop according to plan
- Support efforts to implement Agile methodologies and techniques (Scrum, Kanban) into IT Operations, including standing up Scrum teams and participating in ceremonies
- Configuring and administering projects, dashboards, and task boards in Jira and Confluence
- Work with internal staff as well as external organizations to determine acceptable deployment/upgrade activities that will minimize disruption to end users
- Provide support for deployment/installation activities, and resolve unplanned issues
- Work with the Communications Team to develop and update documentation used in the deployment and management of defined products
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 2-4 years of experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- At least 1 year of experience managing IT projects
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Able to plan/prioritize tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment and developing detailed analyses
All candidates supporting CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- A passion for quality and excellence
- PMP certification
- Experience working in agile environment
- Competency in Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional growth
- Initiative-driven, pursuing goals beyond what is required or expected
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.