Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager. The candidate will partner with Logistics and Mission Support (LMS) Division and Operation leadership to drive the organization’s strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies. LMS is an Industry-recognized advanced logistics and Mission Support innovator providing transformational end-to-end support chains leveraging business models that lower costs, improve efficiencies, and contribute to our customers’ success. Focus areas include: Range and Radar Support Operations, Infrastructure Protection, Field Service Engineering, Fuels Management, Logistics IT, Readiness Support Solutions, Energetics, CBRNE, chemical demil, curriculum development, warfighter readiness, and Maintenance, Modification, Repair, and Overhaul. This critical role, supporting the diverse portfolio, will include responsibility for all aspects of business development to include strategic capture, proposal operations, and strategy. The selected individual will be held accountable for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. **Telecommuting is available for this position.
- Grow the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals of the Operation & Division
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Develops internal cross-organizational relationships and drives new growth through collaboration with the other sectors
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies
- Participate in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the Division and Operation
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 years of leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, government services and/or other professional services running program capture, planning, and execution
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD and/or Intelligence services business
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$50 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with IC, DOD, and Fed/CIV Customers
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of B&P, IRAD and overhead dollars
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries to achieve results through others. Possesses the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.