The Mission Solutions Operation (MSO) within Leidos has an opening for a Senior Program Manager to support the Mission Engineering Division as Deputy Program Manager on a large technical contract. Mission Solutions is a leading provider of analytic and mission information technology services in support of national security customers.
The Deputy Program Manager will be responsible for directing and growing a large and complex Leidos program, interfacing with all levels of customer and Leidos management. The Deputy Program Manager will lead a multi-year effort that includes a variety of mission-oriented technical and support functions. The Deputy Program Manager will be a key leader to: ensure customer satisfaction of Leidos’ support of their objectives; communicate short and long-term objectives and direction to subordinate managers and teams; create and maintain a professional, performance-oriented organization; demonstrate highly ethical performance and behavior that is conducive to professional growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development; manage effective relationships with current and potential customers, business partners and subcontractors; make complex/difficult financial, business, and personnel decisions with outcomes in best interest of the company, customer, and employees; meet all contractual obligations; leverage Leidos corporate resources to ensure program needs are identified, communicated, and met.
Performance objectives may include: meet financial AOP commitments in revenue and fee for organization, retention of personnel, limit attrition to a set goal, create a diverse and inclusive environment for Leidos and team personnel, grow organically and promote Leidos direct labor on existing programs, support development, maintenance, and implementation of MSO strategy, embody the Leidos values, beliefs, and supervisor expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of increasingly complex assignments, including 10 or more years of successful supervisory or leadership experience
- Active, current Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph, and the ability and willingness to maintain the clearance while holding this position
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse workforce at multiple locations
- Strong track record of organizational leadership and business management
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and the ability to effectively brief senior customer and corporate management on program technical, financial and operational status
- Ability to gain internal support and consensus; ability to operate independently using solid judgment and without extensive supervision or feedback
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage risk
- Ability to establish an effective working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers; ability to motivate employees and ensure engagement
- Ability to partner with infrastructure support personnel to include project control, finance, contracts, subcontracts, HR, recruiting, and business development personnel to effectively manage, grow, and re-compete programs
- PMP Certification
- Master’s Degree in Business or Information Technology
- Experience managing a 24X7 workforce
- Experience with specific national security organizations is highly desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.