Reporting to the Division Finance Manager the Programme Financial Analyst is responsible for providing Programme Financial Control and ensuring the integrity of the financials on the programmes. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting our programme teams in the National Security and Defence Division based in the South East of England.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a key member of Programme Management Team and act as a Finance Business Partner
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Develop, track and update programme baseline including tracking actual costs against baseline, development and overall management of programme Estimate At Complete (EAC)
- Analysis of programme actuals for accuracy, identifying & correcting errors, and communicating issues to Programme Management to prevent future errors
- Responsibility for producing programme financial customer deliverables
- Supporting financial presentation for programme or operational reviews
- Support pricing of new business opportunities when required
- Performing both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level. Providing commentary on variances and of any financial Risks & Opportunities against financial forecast
- Accountable for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Ownership of monthly closing process, validating awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & operating income
- Provide excellent adhoc support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams.
The candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet project and finance deadlines. The successful candidate will take ownership of decisions made.
- Project/programme accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Recognised accounting qualification, or studying towards qualification e.g. CIMA
- Team player but able to work independently and proactively
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work effectively across organisations and with multiple locations
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment
- SC clearance desirable
- Pricing/Cost Estimating experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively to complete work assignments
- Organised, thorough, with attention to detail and good analytical skills
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
You have the flexibility to choose from a wide variety of benefits that offer you and your family important health and financial protection. These benefits are designed to support a Culture of Health and Happiness, Saving for your Future, Protecting your Income and enhancing your Lifestyle.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.