***This position is located in Afghanistan for the CLS-Afghan Program Support***
Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Quality Control Analyst Lead to work in Afghanistan. The ideal candidate will work and travel in between customer sites as needed; customer sites include Kandahar, Kabul and Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan. The Senior Quality Control Analyst Lead is responsible for performing all Technical Inspector functions and providing oversight of all Technical Inspectors and Leads at all program sites. The Senior QC Analyst Lead will report to the Quality Assurance Manager. This position will be required to fill in for the Quality Assurance Manager during his/her absence.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and standardization of technical quality assurance and control systems.
- Completing inspections required by the U.S. Government, the aircraft OEM maintenance manuals and locally established and/or modified maintenance procedures and processes.
- Ensuring Technical Inspectors accurately complete inspections and that QC Leads monitor and evaluate TI work.
- Defining and specifying the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of client and/or company products.
- Ensuring that Quality Control teams support daily maintenance operations in accordance with technical data and directives. He/she shall render technical assistance and instruction to Afghan personnel in assembly, operation, service repair and modification of aircraft.
- Analyzing requirements for special projects and recommends methods and processes to accomplish them, including leveraging the Quality team. Conducting research and assisting in investigational studies. He/she is responsible to create and/or implement program-wide controls, including training and auditing programs. He/She implements design/development of new or modified equipment or methods/systems for improved performance through analysis and checkout across all program sites.
- Responsible for the accurate evaluation and resolution of calibrating and troubleshooting problems. He/she is responsible to ensure maintenance records and maintenance actions are completed accurately and that military maintenance records meet local directives for the program’s Quality teams and Afghan counterparts.
- Mentoring Afghan military Technical Inspectors and Leads as required.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing Quality Control mentoring activities at all sites.
- This position will require travel and may require permanent relocation to other program areas in Afghanistan as the mission dictates.
- High School Diploma with at least 10 years of related experience
- Licensed FAA A&P mechanic with FAA Inspection Authority (IA) endorsement
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working as an inspector on MI-17 or PC-12 aircraft
- Must have an active NACI clearance to be considered
- Aviation Inspector experience, returning aircraft to service
- Must be able to pass/qualify all CENTCOM CRC medical and training requirements
- Must be knowledgeable and conversant in military maintenance operations, safety, standardization, technical inspections, and supervision instructions, student management, and maintenance management.
- Understanding and acceptance of local customs and traditions
- Ability to direct multi-cultural teams
- Should possess a full understanding of US DoD military aviation maintenance operations.
- Native English speaker or ICAO level 3 or above fluency
As the position location is in Afghanistan, the following requirements need to be met:
- US citizen
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Active passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration prior to start date.
- Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date
- Completion of Customer required International Readiness Certifications prior to deployment.
- Failure to complete any of these actions within 60 days of accept will result in rescinding of the offer. If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested.
- 15+ years of experience is desired with maintenance experience on DoD fixed or rotor wing aircraft
- Mi-17 helicopters OEM certification (or other Mi-type helicopters) and/or PC-12 OEM certification
- DoD Aviation Instructor experience
- Customer service experience
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of borescope operation and review
- Tooling/fixtures experience
- Proficient with computer systems (Email, PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
- Experience with ISO9001/AS9100/AS9110
- Experience with Engine Trend Monitoring
- Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the CENTCOM region is desired.
- Proficient in Dari
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.