The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Department Lead to support a language services program in Northern Virginia.
The Department Lead (DL) will provide management and administrative support to a group of language services professionals. The DL will be responsible for communicating, monitoring, and following up on all daily program, company, and customer support requirements. This position will require the use of problem solving techniques to address unique personnel and program requirements that impact critical language services support. The DL will provide management oversight of department members through all phases of language services support. The DL will also be required to continue to provide his/her functional area support on the program.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a BA degree or 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience in lieu of degree or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-starter that can establish priorities, resolve immediate issues, and coordinate with program management on complex problems
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with department members, management team, and customer
- Strong oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to employees, managers, and customers in a clear and concise manner
- Comfortable working with senior management
- Minimum 2 year commitment with possibility to extend
- Less than 10% CONUS and/or OCONUS travel
- Experience managing geographically dispersed workforce
- Experience working the full lifecycle of language services
- Working knowledge of Leidos administrative systems
- Familiar with organizational management, financial management, analysis, strategic thinking, and complex problem solving
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.