Leidos, with Operations in Columbia, MD, is looking for a Sr. Network Operations Technician to support a new contract supporting essential Department of Defense missions. The Sr. Network Operations Technician will support networks, servers, and user systems. In this role you will support design, development, deployment, and maintenance activities. Ideal candidates should have solid understanding of networks, both Windows and Linux system administration, and interest or experience in security engineering and testing.
The Sr. Network Operations Technician will be supported by the Program Manager to perform the following standard duties:
- Provide support for the design, procurement, installation, and configuration of development and operational IT environments
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configures and manages UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Support cyber security activities consistent with the NIST RMF or other applicable standards
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a system administrator and/or network engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field can be substituted for four (4) years of experience
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Systems Administration experience working with Windows, UNIX, Linux, virtualization, , and cm/scripting technologies
- Experience working in agile or DevOps teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Splunk logging and analytics
- Expertise in architecting and designing solutions for complex software development projects, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security
- Familiarity reading and creating network diagrams using Visio or similar tools
- Experience making hardware design and procurement decisions accounting for cost, power, space, cooling, and capability constraints
- Experience executing technical and logistical requirements including equipment installation and mounting, cabling, and physical configuration
- Experience performing development and configuring instance implementations within AWS or other commercial cloud environments
- Ability to perform independent research and offer approaches to solving complex problems involving technology, process automation, and policy implementations
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.