The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a WIN-T NetMod Technician at Fort Gordon, GA. This position will support the WarFighter Readiness Program.
The Network Modernization Technician primary duty will be to design, implement, troubleshoot, repair, track and provide guidance to team members on high level telecommunications capabilities for various military operations. The candidate will be responsible for providing support for all of the NetMod product line and general network maintenance and PM Tactical Network Core and Network Modernization systems integration support. Additionally, the candidate will analyze and diagnose malfunctions and problems related to the system, its components and all supported software. The candidate will design, plan, establish, and optimize wireless and wired networks (Routing, Switching, VMWare, WiFi, 4G, LOS, Tropo) as the networks are applied to the PM Tactical Network Core and Network Modernization systems/sub-systems. The candidate will assist the NetMod Project and Logistics Lead in the development of maintenance plans, tracking warranties, system configurations (Qtly updates) and reporting. The candidate will participate in upgrades, improvements and changes to the PM Tactical Network Core systems as well as the complete product line of the Network Modernization program. The candidate will be able to work independently and as a team member. The candidate will be responsible for reporting issues, changes and development status in accordance with the Project Communications Management Plan.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years of directly related experience. Additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Testing components of new equipment for compatibility with existing systems prior to use; furnishing pertinent data to/from manufacturers’ representatives to resolve test or operating problems; serving as a test conductor and testing new designs and prototype trial equipment prior to purchase to assess usefulness and compatibility with existing systems and fulfillment of technical requirements; and preparing and coordinating facility test plans.
- Using technical expertise to repair, troubleshoot, install, fabricate, test, sustain and maintain a wide range of highly specialized military communications systems.
- Developing substantial modifications to and/or preparing basic designs of electronics equipment, circuitry, and components; developing unique system configurations to satisfy operational requirements; evaluating the feasibility of incorporating new components, units, or devices into existing systems and recommending redesigns or modifications.
- Providing training and technical briefings to end-users regarding the use, installation, maintenance and basic troubleshooting of equipment; preparing operation and maintenance instructions and guides for end-users.
- Writing QA/QC documents for fabrication and maintenance of NetMod systems.
- JNN/STT/CPN knowledge
- Extensive VM
- CCNA (Routing / Switching) [Preferred, Not Required]
- CWNA [Preferred, Not Required]
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.