Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist, Senior to work onsite at the Austin Information Technology Center (AITC) in Austin, TX.
This role is hands-on and technical. The contractor will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the team for all matters Cloud and Container Security respective to Vulnerability & Attack Surface Management.
Primary responsibilities include
- Managing, maintaining, and supporting our Container Security Vulnerability tool(s) to include managing the output and working hands-on with the DevOps and Infrastructure teams to drive remediation
- Supporting the building, production, and maintenance of metrics associated with the container security program
- Guiding development teams in best practices across all stages of the SDLC
- Monitoring and responding to Open Source Software weaknesses and exposures
- Building a very close working relationship with DevOps, cloud engineering, application development, and QA teams.
- Developing and updating security patterns & user stories aligned with the security requirement
- Assist in developing an automated framework for Security Tool deployment and development, leveraging various scripting languages and open source solutions
- Present complex, technical information to a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical, in written and/or oral formats
Qualifications Required Skills/Experience:
- Strong applicable security experience
- Deep understanding of container security tools
- Solid understanding of Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes and RedHat Openshift
- Hands-on experience with Agile, DevOps and DevSecOps
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Experience moving to a DevOps / DevSecOps environment
- Experience with agile development and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with container/orchestration tools
- Recent experience with enterprise configuration management software like Red Hat Ansible Automation, Puppet, or Chef
- Hands on experience AWS / Windows / Linux Security
- Highly proficient in at least one major scripting/programming language (Python, Ruby, Node, Java, R, Go…)
- Proficient in shell scripting (Bash, PowerShell…)
- Working knowledge of common security frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline plus 10 years of experience is required. 18 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be US Citizen contract requirement
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.