Leidos is seeking a Senior Go-lang Software Engineer with GitOps experience for Baltimore location.
The Senior Software Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, especially with a shift-left DevOps model.
Day to Day Activities:
The candidate will provide hands-on experience with enterprise software development, integration, implementation, test automation, and SOA/Microservice architecture with DevOps experience to a cross-functional software development team. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation with Golang, Java, JEE platform, Spring Framework, Microservice architecture, Docker containers, REST, USDS Plays, and SQL/Data Modelling.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will play a key role in modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps, or PaaS technologies.
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation enterprise CI/CD architecture using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- API development (REST, JSON, Microservice architecture)
- Spring Framework (Boot, REST, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, Argo CD)
- Provide engineering subject matter expertise in one or more of these areas: Go/Java software development, Microservice architecture, container orchestration, security, auto-scaling & application reliability engineering, and monitoring & application performance.
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (PL/SQL and Data Modeling).
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate’s degree may substitute for 2 years of required experience
- 7+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
- 7+ years of experience combined with Go-Lang and Java systems/application analysis & design
- 2+ years of combined hands-on experience building/developing CI/CD pipelines and manage GitOps process
- Preferred Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Key Required Skills: Software development (Go Language), GitOps, Docker, and OpenShift/AWS EKS/Kubernetes
- Must have experience with Go (Golang) programming
- Basic knowledge of and experience with GitOps (preferably Argo CD)
- Excellent knowledge of Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (Boot, REST, Security, Data)
- Solid experience with Go (Golang) programming
- Solid experience using Docker containers and Red Hat OpenShift (or other Kubernetes platforms) to orchestrate and manage container applications
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium)
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (Hibernate, Spring JDBC, JPA)
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Preferred knowledge of latest DevOps trends/best practices
- Preferred experience with API development & monitor tools (Ready API, Swagger, Splunk, Dynatrace)
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
- Preferred experience with building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (Angular, React, Node, Typescript, Bootstrap)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.