Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Network Cloud Engineer/Systems Administrator. We have a strong work/life balance culture and this position can support up to 25% telecommuting/remote work.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with an outstanding software engineering team and will support the team’s software deployed in the cloud for US Air Force bases across the world. These are some of the cool things you will be doing:
- Design and develop cloud infrastructure and provide specifications for necessary network configuration and security to maintain high availability
- Continually plan, design, and evaluate various components of the framework and configuration; field and install new systems using the ever-evolving Cloud infrastructure; evaluate and recommend new technologies
- Create and maintain system design documentation
- Deploy application software release packages and break-fix solutions in accordance with all enterprise architecture and configuration, change, and release management policies and procedures
- Implement critical system patches
- Manage compliance with all security and operational policies and procedures
- Maintain configuration management of development and production environments
- Develop solutions collaboratively for complex technical problems and issues in a high profile production environment with strict availability requirements
- Monitor system performance and recommend optimizations
- Create and maintain robust system backup/restore infrastructure
- Work closely with software engineers to create and maintain “Infrastructure as Code” and cloud environment
- Work closely with developers and other endpoint engineers in an agile environment to develop and implement new technologies
- Able to serve on Tier 2 help desk / on-call rotation (immediate response not required, very low notification frequency)
- Possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments
- Work independently, communicate with internal and external stakeholders depending on nature of issues being resolved
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks
- Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
To be successful in this role you must have the following experience/skill sets:
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with AWS GovCloud suite of services
- Familiarity with Linux
- Understanding of software development process fundamentals
- Willingness to work in a distributed work environment
- Ability to work at customer location on a regular basis
- DoD 8570 approved certification such as Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP)
- DoD 8570 compliant industry certification
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field and minimum 4-8 years of cloud, network engineering or IT system administration experience or 4 additional years’ of experience in lieu of degree
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance; U.S. Citizenship required
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows Domain (Active Directory, WSUS, Group Policy, etc.)
- Experience working in Linux command line environment
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting networking infrastructure
- Experiencing configuring windows and Linux systems for STIG compliance
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Familiarity with industry standard relational database schemas
- Experience working with HBSS.
- Experience managing projects within the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket).
- Experience working in Agile software development environment
- Experience conducting functional testing for newly developed software
- Experience executing and reviewing Nessus security scans
- Experience working with cloud computing providers (AWS, Azure, MilCloud)
- Willingness to obtain / maintain AWS Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.