Army and Mission Partners Division, Enterprise & Cyber Solutions (ECS) at Leidos currently has an opportunity for a Software Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IGC III program. IGC is USTRANSCOM’s System of Record for In-Transit Visibility (ITV) and Asset Visibility (AV). The IGC Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is a data repository of integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain data that provides end-to-end visibility from requisition to delivery in theatre. Users include the Combatant Commands, Services, DOD, and other federal agencies.
Location: Scott Air Force Base, IL. Individuals must live within a commutable distance to the US TRANSCOM customer site for periodic reporting. This role will offer 100% telework within the local Scott AFB, IL area. Relocation assistance may be available to qualifying candidates
Clearance: You must be a U.S. citizen holding a current and active DOD Secret Clearance to qualify.
Certification: You must hold a current DoD 8570 IAT II certification (or higher) to qualify. Qualifying certifications include any of the following: Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, CySA+, GSEC, GICSP, CND, SSCP
Develops, plans and analyzes, designs products, and programs computer software that requires extensive research.
Utilizes working knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with working knowledge of software development and methodologies. Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, debugs and maintains server side applications, Web Services, SQL queries and JSPs meeting defined requirements.
Develops web services to support the receipt and delivery of data to and from systems using tools and methodology that is consistent with web service development industry best practices.
Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software and business/mission subject matter to develop software.
Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of project development, and analyzes system capabilities.
Provides software development support to resolve and address security issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience, or...
• Associate’s degree in related field, 6 - 8 years of prior relevant experience, or...
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
• Must hold, or be able to obtain, DoD 8570 IAT II Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, CySA+, GSEC, GICSP, CND, SSCP). Those holding current certification will be given first consideration. Those need to obtain will have 90 days, upon acceptance of offer, to
• Must hold a current and active U.S. DoD Secret Clearance
Must have proficiency with the Following:
• Object-Oriented Programming (Java, C++, etc.)
• Software Development on Windows and Linux, Unix, or Solaris Platforms
• Web Service Development (SOAP, WSDLs, XML schemas, etc.)
• Back-End Web Development (Java SE, Java EE, JSF, SQL, etc)
• Scripting Development (Python, Perl, etc)
Knowledgeable and/or Experience with the following:
• Software Development on USTRANSCOM/DOD Programs
• Integration of COTS, GOTS, or Open Source Technologies
• Virtualized Web, Application, and Database Server Environments
• Configuration Management Tools (ClearCase, Git)
• Weblogic Server 12c/14c
• Oracle RDBMS 12c/19c
• Teradata 15.10/16.20
• Apache (HTTP Server, Tomcat)
• User Interface Design/User Interface Engineering
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.