The National Solutions Group at Leidos is offering a great opportunity for a Watch Operator III position within an operations watch team in Springfield, VA. This program provides Watch and Operations Support that maintains a proactive interface with multiple Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) mission partners and war fighting organizations. It provides operations and administrative support to the mission director. This shift position requires 24x7x365 support, via rotational shifts.
*This position is contingent upon contract award
- Prepares, coordinates, and disseminates SITREPS and status reports.
- Manages and responds to system status event inquiries.
- Logs daily shift activities and significant events/incidents.
- Recalls personnel to respond to incidents.
- Creates, coordinates, and releases messages.
- Synthesizes and disseminates system status reports recieved from mission partners.
- Maintains awareness of adversary threat activity and high-interest items.
- Maintain system capacity awareness and system status pages.
- Maintain "cradle to grave database of significant events.
- Supports treaty inspection requirements.
- Monitor operations, develop metrics, identify trends for operational systems
- Supports training material development and maintenance, and conduct flight safety certification and proficiency training.
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance with a current polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of experience is required, or a Master’s degree and 6-10 years of applicable experience is required
- Technical experience with customer operations--system integration, dependencies and data flow
- Ability to support 12-hour work schedule, with the possibility of periodically supporting customer- and environment-driven surges through exercises, anomalies, or major program activities.
- Must have an effective record of effectively interacting with senior external personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Intermediate knowledge of space operations and IC experience
- Demonstrated ability to not only work in a demanding operational environment, but to also regularly identify product and process improvements or enhancements.
- Must have thorough oral/written presentation, interpersonal and team player skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Visual Studio and Adobe Products.
- Familiarization with AGI STK, BVI, MKS and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Familiarization with Orbital Mechanics and/or space vehicle command and telemetry concepts and operations is preferred.
- Requires a highly-energetic, forward-thinking work ethic and can-do attitude.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.