The Graphic Artist is responsible for the development and production of technical designs and illustrations for educational or information purposes. All development, revision, and production is done in accordance with FAA training standards, policies, and guidelines. Collaboration with SME and other project team members will also be incorporated for such development, revision and production.
This position is to support a six-month effort but the effort may extend to a full-time position.
The Graphic Artist will:
- Develops graphics to support various media used within the training curriculum
- Ensures communication of technical ideas and information are accurately and clearly conveyed
- Creates designs and graphics from rudimentary sketches, photographs, and/or general descriptions to fulfill training requirements
- Collaborates with writers, editors and other production staff to produce a finished product
- Demonstrates experience in Microsoft Office© (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other software applications
- Executes the full range of graphic production processes from initial concept to finalized graphic development for incorporation into training materials and documents
- Maintains a graphics library of completed designs
- Maintains records and files of all work, tracking all version changes
- Transfers, merges, and adjusts designs, graphics, and layouts as identified
- Incorporates photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, charts, and schematics in training materials, as required
- Develops or revises technical schematics and diagrams, based on provided examples, to be used as wall posters, training handouts, and/or inclusion in training documentation
- Bachelors degree with at least four years of experience in:
Graphic design (electronic and print)
Integration of photographs, graphics, or illustrations for publishing and printing; preparation of camera-ready photographs, graphics, or illustrations for reproduction in various training, instructional, and reference materials
Shall have experience using software tools including, but not limited to:
Adobe© Suite of Products (i.e., Creative Suite©)
Corel© Suite of Products (i.e., Draw©)
Microsoft© Office Suite programs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Visual and Graphic Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.