Leidos is seeking an experienced Personal Security Tier II SAP Adjudicator to support a customer within the Department of Defense (DOD) located in the Greater Washington D.C. Metropolitan area. In this role, you will be imbedded with the customer providing services consisting of but not limited to; SAP eligibility determinations, monitor and track personnel security actions, Update program access lists or rosters in appropriate database(s) following indoctrination, and review and remain current on the personnel security standards appropriate to the classification level of the programs. The succesfull candidate assigned to the project must have experience working with, Senior Executive Service (SES) personnel, senior military officials, and high-graded civilians and have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Perform SAP Access eligibility determination reviews, in accordance with DoD Manual 5205.07 Volume 2
- Review, and update as required: Local Level I and Level II SAPNP processing policies and procedures.
- Perform Level I and Level II SAP access eligibility determinations.
- Provide advice to the Program Security Officer (PSO) relating to the access eligibility review process and guidelines regarding Level II and III issues, including the procedures to be followed in the appeal processes.
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner and a high sense of integrity, working in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the customer’s mission.
- Have a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (Adjudicated within the last 3 years).
- Associate degree in Security, Administration, Business Administration or related field with two (2) years of related experience; or, no degree with a minimum of four (4) years' experience in personnel security.
- Be a graduate of a DoD Intelligence Analyst course or another U.S. Intelligence Agency’s analytical training program.
- Successfully completed a SAP adjudication development and certification course from a U.S Government agency or have two years of experience performing a similar function.
- Experience-producing, handling, storing, transmitting, and transporting classified materials, up to and including Top Secret, SAP, and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Extensive knowledge and experience supporting Special Access Programs (SAP).
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as a solid group contributor working in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security, Administration, Business Administration, or related field
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.