Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. Leidos is a $10bn+ company, operating in 4 core market areas: Defence, Intelligence, Civil and Health. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos is focusing on international growth ambitions, beyond the USA, in UK and Australia.
Leidos UK operates as a country focused business, operating today in the Defence and Civil market sectors. Comprising c. 1,000 staff it operates in 3 Divisions: National Security & Defence (NS&D), Civil and Logistics. The Logistics Division is focused on our marquee LCS(T) contract with the MoD while the National Security & Defence an Civil Divisions provide a range of IT services in long term relationships with critical national infrastructure clients such as NATS, Ministry of Justice, Home Office, Metropolitan Police and the Scottish Government.
The Defence Portfolio aims to significantly grow in size by 2025 while sustaining strong operating margins by offering cutting-edge mission-enabling IT, science and engineering services into the MoD, as well as allied organisations, unencumbered by broader platform and product positions, leveraging our UK capability supplemented with US pull-through to deliver collaborative customer relationships supporting our client’s core mission.
Our areas of capability expertise include system integration, infrastructure, cloud, service management, application integration and development delivered within domain insight into services and solutions for Defence Intelligence, tactical data link users and army tactical information systems.
To support our growth we are seeking to appoint talented new individuals to strengthen the Defence Portfolio leadership team, stimulate new customer demand and grow our capability, capacity and maturity as we fulfil our growth agenda.
The motivated and adaptable Program Manager will play a key role in the Portfolio and its growth strategy, contributing directly to the long-term success of the company.
- Leading the program delivery function on strategic new business captures.
- Managing the delivery of IT projects across application development, systems integration and application migration.
- Communicating and working directly with customers at a senior level to ensure we meet their high standards of program execution.
- Single point responsibility for the management of programme budgets and the implementation of program governance.
- Leading, motivating and communicating with your delivery teams to ensure exemplary program delivery.
We are looking for a Program Manager with drive, enthusiasm and the determination to succeed in a challenging environment. In addition to a strong record of accomplishment in flawless program delivery and first-class organisation and communication skills, the successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrable programme management experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience of delivering complex IT programmes with a value of between £10m - £50m.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritising tasks and activities as business and customer needs change.
- Experience of working in a structured, quality environment.
- Capability to build multi-discipline programme teams to effectively deliver complex IT solutions.
- Experience of managing third party suppliers.
- Exposure to pre-sales activity and proposal writing.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills.
We are especially interested in recruiting a Program Manager with experience and awareness of the following domains:
- Land ISTAR, especially intelligence and radio systems.
- Classified Cloud Hosting.
- Big Data.
- Edge Computing.
Due to the nature of our work all candidates will need to meet the requirements for UK MOD DV clearance, but can commence at UK MOD SC clearance level.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.