Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is actively seeking a Systems Automation Engineer to join our Mission Partner Environment Services (MPE-S) program in Tampa, FL. Leidos will provide full range of global support services for the enterprise MPE-S, which enables essential collaboration between the DoD and U.S. coalition partners, connecting nearly 45,000 global users in support of the mission. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
• Design, install, provision, configure, optimize, tune performance, integrate, and administer various solution technologies in a lab environment
• Understand, decompose, and implement test plan, automation, and validation procedures based on stated product features and skillsets
• Be part of an engineering team building DOD systems using advanced NSX/ESXi networking functionalities such as virtual or distributed switches, network emulation devices, network overlay technologies, and NIC offload capabilities
• Will be responsible for the design, integration, operation, and management of complex enterprise networks, linking a variety of platforms, operating systems, network topologies, and network protocols.
• Collaborate with the project team, Government stakeholders, and external contract support staff
• Work in a dynamic/agile development environment and be adaptable to changing requirements
• Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
• Analyze and define test requirements with stakeholders and project team members to develop test plans and cases
• Design, implement and configure DEV and/or TEST environment(s)
• Configure and maintain test management suites using current technologies
• Perform analysis and evaluation to implement/improve development and test functions
• Develop, conduct and provide after-action reports for user acceptance testing
• Act as senior advisor for multiple teams in automation methods/practices, using configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, vRA, etc.)
• Create and maintain technical documentation to include system design documents, network diagrams, user guides, and release notes
• Advanced degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math) and (15) years of relevant experience OR Bachelor's and at least eighteen (18) years of general experience, of which fifteen (15) is directly related experience
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years of direct experience in the last twenty (20) years
• U.S. citizenship required with an active Secret clearance
• Requires current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification; however 3 month waiver may be requested.
• At least six (6) years of experience working within DevOps or SRE teams
• Solid experience with Microsoft applications in a VMware virtual environment
• Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting vCenter and Virtual Machines, Virtual Networking configurations, Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage
• Strong Experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy.
• Experience developing Powershell scripts for administration/automation. Specifically for the automation of Day 1 – Day 3 Operations automation.
• Excellent technical knowledge of the following:
- Terraform, AWS or other Public Cloud platforms
- Network fundamentals
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration (including experience with tools such as Jenkins or Team City) and Delivery practices
• Hands-on experience with a Distributed Version Control System such as Git
• Experience being part of a Cloud or Platform as a Service (PaaS) architecture team
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.