Responsible for managing the supply chain, arranging transportation and storage of materials and transportation management. Managing the supply chain includes every step in the process of procurement of materials to the shipment of the materials to different locations throughout the world in a timely manner.
The Level 2 Logistician (LOG) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Supports property manager duties to include:
- Completes monthly inventory reports per government guidelines
- Supports inventory control process to account for property received, shipped, excessed, moved or transferred
- Maintains the Defense Property Accountability System by providing entries for incoming property (Line Item Receiving Report), transferred property and excessed property
- Assists system developers and integrators during shipments of systems and system upgrades
- Develops material handling processes for shipping, receiving, storage and disposition of property
- Establishes program level Defense Property Accountability System(s) for incoming property (Line Item Receiving Report), transferred property and excessed property
- Coordinates all aspects of shipments resulting from systems integration and system upgrade activities
- Coordinates and performs all property accountability functions and property management functions in accordance with government guidance and industry best practices
- Provides monthly inventory reports in accordance with government guidelines
- Develops inventory control processes to account for property received, shipped, excessed, moved or transferred.
Qualifications: Ten (10) years of experience working as a Logistician. Experience shall include: property accounting processes to include the associated forms. Shall possess knowledge of automated inventory control systems. Professional experience shall include ordering, processing, shipping, receiving, packaging, material handling, property accountability and discharge of excess property. Shall have experience processing paperwork related to Government Bill of Lading and the DD1149.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.