The Modeling, Simulation & Training (MS&T) Division at Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Manager to work in our Orlando office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Virtual Simulation Programs mission. In this mission we build virtual training systems for commercial and government customers. We do all aspects of creating visual, audio, radio and motion inputs in simulation that stimulate trainees to learn, while performing training tasks to standard. Once trainers are built, we support them by delivering and installing them and then train the end users to operate and maintain them.
- Lead Programs and support the Virtual Simulations Programs group. Virtual Simulation Programs keeps abreast of AR/VR/MR simulation technologies, 6DOF motion platforms, image generators, software simulation and gaming technologies among many other technologies.
- Responsible for leading hardware, software, test and production personnel. Manage a team of approximately up to 20-25 technical, management, and other project team members.
- Plan and lead major technology assignments.
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Keep Leidos management aware of program performance, issues, etc.
- Maintain responsibility of Program financials and deliverables.
- Assure Leidos achieves performance metrics as articulated in the contract.
- Assure Leidos financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Supervise and coordinate program responses to ECPs and ROMs.
- Manage contracts and subcontract responses for the program.
- Interact with key government personnel.
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience managing complex simulation projects/programs, with responsibilities including but not limited to staff, cost, schedule status reporting and ETC calculations.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Ability to deal with high operational tempo involving quick response and coordination of numerous personnel of diverse functional and technical areas of expertise.
- Experience managing deliverables, ensuring high quality products delivered on time. Support monthly reporting and monthly Program Management Reviews (PMRs) with customer management team.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Possess a current Project Management Professional certification or a DoD equivalent certification (i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) PM Level III).
- Experience working in a DoD acquisition environment.
- Experience providing PowerPoint executive-level briefings.
- Experience leading user-focused projects to design, development, and delivery software and/or hardware in small functional increments that meet functional customer needs.
- 3+ years managing software release processes, including integration & test and automated software deployment to target hardware.
- Experience in leadership of complex tasks, including review of work products for correctness, compliance with industry best practices, DoD standards, and Army standards.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.