The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for an Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist to perform work involving the performance of routine and recurring assignments providing IT customer support at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX. NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Diagnose and resolve problems in response to customer reported incidents; and report, respond to, and resolve customer requests.
- Update and maintain problem tracking/ticketing systems to track and identify customer needs, as well as to discuss requirements with the customer to resolve the customer need.
- Install, configure, and test software on customer workstations; and install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot hardware and software components.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of a full range of customer support services to the organization.
- Participate in evaluating effectiveness of customer support services and impacts of proposed IT initiatives to services.
- Present formal and informal training, guidance, and assistance to customers.
- Provide routine advice and guidance to customers requesting information on established policy or procedures, including those related to information security/information assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related IT field. 4+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidates must have an active/valid CompTIA Security Plus certification
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Experience with DoD IT environment and tasks is highly desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.