As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV and Vienna Va.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Will report directly to the program manager for this project in the US Team organization
- One of the key members of the US organization in providing planning information to the customer.
- Primarily responsibilities include the following:
- Act as the main interface between the Technical Team leads and Program Management in tracking all work assigned to the US team.
- Coordinate with the Technical Teams on all Change Requests (CR) including building the schedule for each CR, developing the BOE’s associated with the CR, working closely with the Finance Team on pricing activity and preparing schedules and cost to be submitted to the Leidos UK team for review.
- Assigned as the principle owner of all of the Test and Development (TAD) environments associated with the US IDENT1 system. All work on the 6 different TAD environment must be closely tracked and scheduled according to priorities associated with the production environment.
- Work closely with the Configuration Manager on all changes that need to happen to the IDENT1 environment including managing what changes are being placed in each software/release build to make sure each software/release build is balanced and not too complex.
- Coordinate with different departments and development teams to ensure they complete work, test the software, and prepare all necessary components for a simultaneous release across all operating systems and platforms.
- Work closely with the configuration manager ensuring that all updates from software or application vendors are included in the software/release build.
- Act as the product owner in an agile environment for each software release and ensure the team are tracking to the schedule that is provided to the customer.
- Plan release dates and negotiate between development teams and remote deployment teams to find a realistic release date.
- Provide remote support to the UK Operations teams during deployment to ensure US Team is providing them support as well as making sure the UK team are following instructions from the US engineering team.
- Act as the one of the main interface with the Home Office Service Manager and the US Engineer team in provide status of releases, testing status, schedule status as well as participate in planning of releases to the production environment
- Must be a US citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, and over 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with more than 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be well organized and able to communicate effectively with all technical teams (infrastructure, software and test)
- Experienced in presenting status and coordinating with customers on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Ability to partner with senior management to analyze and solve issues
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Strong understanding of engineering, development and testing
- Microsoft Project and Excel experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.