The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Sasebo, Japan.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, by delivering the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net); inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Responsible for operating and maintaining ONE-Net server and network infrastructure at the Local Network Service Center (LNSC) in Sasebo, Japan.
This includes responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate.
• Conduct infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services.
• Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
• Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
• Remotely manage distributed servers, switches, and workstations within each local site by a central location where possible.
• Coordinate all maintenance and restoration activities of remote servers with the TNOSC and LNSC leadership.
• Coordinate across all ONE-Net regions on operational initiatives that require cross-regional tasking.
• Respond to all escalated service requests and trouble tickets delivered through the Service Desk.
• Ensure the escalation of incidents and problems are assigned to the appropriate Tier.
• Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures through manual configuration, installation of patches, or the application of scripts to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Participate in technical exchanges as required
• Provide technical and operational input to Regional Change Review activities.
• Review existing documentation for the server, services, data storage operations, and maintenance processes and procedures, and provide recommendations for improvements/changes.
• Assist network and systems security personnel in IA incident response, including close coordination with the Theater IAM for all IA related tasks.
• Maintain all servers within the configuration baselines and all STIGs, and accurately configure and apply patches to all systems.
- US Citizenship and a Secret Clearance is required for this position
- High School Diploma / GED
Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- 5 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one OS / network certification (CCNA, MTA, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, MDAA, etc.)
- Top Secret Clearance
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
- MCSA, MCSE, or Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA)
- Although not required for the position, additional experience and certifications in network administration (CCNA/CCNP) are desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.