The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a NetOps Specialist to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Manama, Bahrain.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, by delivering the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net); inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The NetOps Specialist is responsible for operating and maintaining the infrastructure and network.
This includes responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate.
- Conduct infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
- Provide data center support where appropriate.
- Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
- Provide incident notification to Government representatives.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of Network Operations,
- Work with Cyber Security analysts to ensure Enterprise information flow is secure
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of network systems, architecture and topology
- Monitor to ensure all operating systems are functioning properly and conform to operation security policies and procedures
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts. Track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Assist with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Network Operations Center
- Participate in strategic network and operations planning
- Work within the DevSecOps methodology to plan and support implementation of new technologies
- Prepare recommendations for resolutions to NetOps challenges based on monitoring results, tools analysis, and/or forensics
- Assist the Cyber Team employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness).
- Assist with the collection of intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- HS Diploma and 6 years of directly related work experience in the Information Technology field
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- Possess a current Information Assurance Technician (IAT) II certification (ex. CompTIA Security+ certification)
- Must possess at least one of the following certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft OS Certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR and SIPR
- Willing to perform shift work
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.