The Defense Group has an immediate opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join the contracts team managing the Navy Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) program. This position will play an important role in the day-to-day operations of this critically important, highly complex program. The Contracts Manager will have responsibility for supporting program leadership, negotiating and administering contract actions, proactively identifying and resolving contract-related concerns, and leading customer communications.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of federal contracting, with experience handling complicated programs. The Contracts Manager must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail. The employee will be expected to work independently and see tasks through to completion. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as external customers. The ability to support weekly in-person customer meetings in the National Capital Region is required. The Contracts Manager will lead and/or assist with new business and task order proposals. The ability to manage a high volume of complex work independently with minimal oversight and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is essential.
- Responsible for all aspects of task order management. Negotiates and executes contract documents in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Identify problems and communicate potential solutions. Implements operational decisions of program management.
- Oversee day-to-day contract actions in fast-paced environment.
- Create and maintain contract files in full compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and guidelines
- Leads customer meetings and communicates with parties external to the organization.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members across different functions and client/program team members.
- Possess strong business judgment and understanding of contract risks and impacts.
- Operate with a customer-service perspective that demonstrates the values of the company and the organization.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills.
- Establish strong, positive relationships with customers
- BA degree and 8 - 12 years of relevant contract administration experience or Masters (or higher) degree with 6 – 10 years of relevant experience.
- Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Proficiency with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the Defense Federal Acquisition Supplement
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work as part of a Team
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks and identify, coordinate, and implement appropriate solutions in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with U.S. Navy or Marine Corps customers
- Experience supporting complex contract transitions
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.