The Defense Group at Leidos is currently looking for a Curriculum Developer for Fort Gordon, GA. or Fort Campbell, KY. capable of receiving technical software Releases and working with the OEM in developing Training Manuals from scratch.
The Curriculum Developer will perform a variety of writing, editing, and data entry duties in connection with the preparation of communication weapon systems Training Support Packages. Edit, validate, and incorporate newly developed training material and red-line edits to update the latest operating procedures. Participate in the verification of new procedures at military installations and the Prime Contractors' facility. Support the management and placement of documentation on a military Web site.
- Maintain and update all training in accordance with Army standards and customer requirements as written in TRADOC Regulation 350-70 in alignment with the Army Learning Model guidelines.
- Receive technical software Releases and work with the OEM in developing Training Manuals from scratch.
- Coordinate with the course manager for improvements and redesign of course material and training equipment; participates in the writing, design and development phases of new course material when technology changes or course material changes.
- Monitor military and commercial reference publications and keep training products updated with this current material, published modifications to technical manuals and update instructor guides, student guides and other material to reflect changes in training.
- Enter training materials into the Training Development Capability (TDC) database.
- Be responsible for accuracy in lesson material and technical manuals.
- Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD secret security clearance
- Experience in developing Training Manuals.
- Strong writing skills to communicate complex technical language in simplified terms
- Proficient computer skills in the area of Windows, Microsoft Office and other computer programs as needed
- Ability to do extensive research and work with little supervision
- Knowledge of training processes: design, development, and delivery
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.